Communication Systems is a half-year, full credit course, taught by the Department of Technology in conjunction with the Art Department (Studio-In-Art) at John Jay. Upon completion of both Communication Systems and Studio-In-Art, students will receive credit in Technology and Art. Student’s NYS Regents Art/Music requirement will be fulfilled.
Students will develop computer vocabulary related to concepts, aesthetics, and technical skills related to communications. Students will understand societal needs and impacts communication systems have. Students will have a broader understanding of what technology is all about.
• Introduction to Technology Education, Communication Technology, and Communication Systems
• Inventions and Inventors related to the field of Communication Technology
• Visual Communication Systems• Adobe Photoshop Poster Design• Multimedia Presentation Techniques• Audio Communication Systems
• Digital Imaging• Audio Mixing in Sound Studio• Audio Recording Techniques and Editing• Audio/Video Communication Systems• Introduction to Video Production
• Video Camera Shooting Techniques• SoundFX for Special Effects in Video
• Sport and Activity Documentation• Chroma Keying using Green Screen Technology• Electronic Communication• Satellite and GPS Technology
• Telecommunication Technologies