Wappingers CSD uses a program called "Blackboard Connect" to provide communications to parents and staff on matters such as daily attendance, weather alerts, general interest activities, and building/district related emergencies.
You will automatically receive notifications based on the information you provided to us at the time you registered your child (Home Phone, Cell Phone, and email addresses). By default, the parent/guardian listed as the primary on your child's student record will receive text notifications so long as you provided a cell phone number.
Parents will be receiving an email in September that will include the parent ID and password to login to the system. Once you receive your parent ID and password, we encourage you to log into Blackboard Connect using the Login button at the top of this page so you may customize your notification preferences and add additional contact information into the system. Please note: If you have a Facebook Account or a Google Account that uses the same email address as your District's Parent Portal Email address you may use your Facebook or Google Account credentials to log in.
- Enter the Parent ID and temporary password provided by the District in a separate email. (Please note: this was sent on September 1st) The system also provides the possibility of logging into your account with your Facebook or Google account, if you choose. The first time you log in, the system will prompt you to change your password. Passwords must be a minimum of six characters. Once you type in your new password, retype it to confirm, click on save.
- Once you’ve logged into your account, you’re ready to customize your contact preferences. Locate the Account tab located on the right-hand sign of the screen (in the black bar at the top of the screen) and click to open. The first tab (Account Info) allows you to update your first and last name, gender and select the language you would prefer to receive your emails. Under “Delivery addresses” you can add, remove or update email addresses or phone numbers by selecting Add. A drop-down box appears to select if you want to add a phone number, Text/SMS, email address, and mailing address. Make sure that you click SAVE when you are done making changes.
- To customize how the District communicates to you, click on the Delivery Preferences. Once opened you will see Emergency, Attendance, Balance, Survey and Other. You can customize your preferences for each contact type (phone number, Text/SMS, email address, and mailing address) by clicking on the green icons to the right. (If you place your mouse over each icon, the type of notification will appear. )
- If you do not want a number called or an email address used, simply uncheck the box. You must have at least one contact selected for each category.
To access the District’s mobile app, download the FREE mobile app in three easy steps.
- On your smartphone go to the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
- Search for Wappingers CSD
- Then select our Wappingers app for free download
- Once downloaded, log in using the Parent ID and temporary password (unless you have already updated your password) sent via email (and via telephone for parents who do not have an email address in Parent Portal) from the District.
- From an iPhone or Android device, go to Settings and choose Follow Schools to customize which the notifications you want to receive. You can have notifications sent to your mobile device from the specific schools you choose and the District.
School news in the palm of your hand, your new WCSD mobile app is just a few taps away. Download it today!
Thank you for staying connected to our District. We hope you enjoy Blackboard Connect!
Click here to download this information.