Future Business Leaders of America
FBLA is a national organization that gives high school students who are studying Business opportunities to:
- Practice real life business skills
- Learn from adults working in business
- Coordinate and participate in community service
- Go to competitions at the state and national level
- Make Friends!
Membership: is open to any student who is taking a course offered by the Business Department in the current year or any student who was a member in a prior year.
Communication: Our first meeting this year is Wednesday, September 12, 2018 after school in Room 149. However, our general meeting day will be on TUESDAYS twice a month. Check Google Classroom for the latest meeting dates and to sign up for events and opportunities.
Google Classroom Course Code: 5rb2hy
To receive text reminders of upcoming events and deadlines, please join the class REMIND by sending a text to the number 81010 with the message @jjhsfb
FBLA Contacts 2018-2019
Elected Club Officers:
- Co-Presidents: Shaily Jani and Amy Zhou
- Vice President in charge of Human Resources: Tanvi Athavali
- Secretaries: Amelia Chen and Allison Yu
- Historian: Olivia Salatino
Advisors: Jocelyn Humphries and Jeanine Chapin
Club officers are currently interviewing for the following management and professional service positions:
- Director of Fundraising
- Director of Marketing
- Director of Business Development
- Director of Community Service
- Student Council Representatives (2)
- Travel Agent
Apply by signing up on the Google Class page. Follow the directions to submit your cover letter and application. Club officers will notify you of an interview date in early October. All applicants must be active members of FBLA by meeting the qualifications shown above and paying the membership dues - $20. Elected and appointed officials are expected to fulfill the responsibilities of the position or may be replaced.