Questions to Ask During Parent Teacher Conferences:
1. How do you best prefer to communicate with me? (Email? Phone? Text? Notes?)
2. What do you see as my child’s strengths?
3. What do you think are the academic challenges for my child?
4. What would you do if my child were struggling academically with something?
5. How is my child doing socially?
6. How do you support kids in their social development? For example, how do you address challenges that happen at recess?
7. Is my child on grade level for reading? What about math, science and writing?
8. How does the school handle standardized testing and prep for those tests?
9. Can we talk more about your homework policy and how my child is doing with homework?
10. What can I do at home to support what you’re doing in the classroom?
Please refer to the handouts in English and Spanish for additional questions and information.