Family Educational Rights & Privacy NoticeParents of students currently in attendance at the Wappingers Central School District and eligible students currently in attendance at the Wappingers Central School District are hereby notified that each parent, guardian, (or person acting in their stead) of an eligible student and the eligible student him or herself, has a right to:
- Inspect and review the student's educational records;
- Request the amendment of the student's education records to ensure that they are not inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student's privacy or other rights;
- Consent to disclosures or personally identifiable information contained in the student's education records, except to the extent that the Act and the regulations in this part authorize disclosure without consent;
- File with the U.S. Department of Education a complaint under 34 Code of Federal Regulations Section 99.64 concerning alleged failures by the agency or institution to comply with the requirements of the act and this part; and
- Obtain a copy of the policy adopted under 34 Code of Federal Regulations Section 99.16 through Susan Penney, Board Clerk, Wappingers Central School District, 167 Myers Corners Road, Suite 200, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590, (845) 298-5000 x40145.