Welcome to Fine and Performing Arts!
The Fine and Performing Arts Department develops and maintains music and art programs for students in grades K-12.
Bonnie King, Director of Fine & Performing Arts
Wendy Jennings, Department Secretary
845-298-5000, ext. 40121
email@example.com (Fax)P. O. Box 396, 25 Corporate Park DriveHopewell Junction, NY 12533
- Elementary students meet for art instruction twice in each six-day cycle.
- Students in grades 7-8 have art for one quarter each year.
- High school students can take courses in ceramics, photomedia, or fine arts for the Studio-in-Art foundation course.
- Advanced placement courses in art are available.
- Each year, the work of students in the WCSD is showcased in the annual Festival of the Arts at Mesier Park.
- Student talent and program quality is reflected in the accomplishments of the students. Participation in exhibitions and shows and numerous recognitions at all levels are trademarks of the art department.
- Classroom, choral, and instrumental instruction are taught based on a comprehensive curriculum.
- Elementary students in grades K-3 have music class twice in a six-day cycle. Students in grades 4-6 have music class once in a six-day cycle. Students in grades 7-8 who are not enrolled in band, chorus, or orchestra receive music instruction for one entire quarter each year.
- Large group choral experiences begin in grade 4, and instrumental lessons and ensembles begin in grade 5.
- High school students interested in music may enroll in courses that develop performance skills as well as musical knowledge and appreciation.
- Numerous before- and after-school activities provide opportunities for students to develop their talents. These include theatre groups, jazz ensembles, select choruses, small ensembles, and clubs.
- Our music ensembles consistently receive high honors and ratings of distinction at state and regional festivals and adjudications.