Thank you for your support of our efforts to maintain the Van Wyck mobile resources.Please read these guidelines before using a laptop cart.
- Laptops are not to leave the building; they are not for home usage.
- Laptops are not to be used by a short-term substitute teacher without Computer TA present or unless with the permission of a building administrator.
- There is a 5 day maximum sign out period.
- All requests for the following month must be by the 15th of the current month.
- Please download, read and keep for your records Laptop Sign out.
Use in Class:
- In order to encourage proper handling of laptops, they must be assigned to specific students or groups when used in class.
- Keep a record of which student has which laptop on your roster.
- Laptops are to be returned to the appropriate slot and plugged in. Remember to shut down the laptops before placing then into the slots.
- Carts are to be locked when the teacher is not in the classroom.
- During a fire drill, the following procedure is recommended:
- Students close laptops as they leave their desks.
- Teacher is the last one to leave the room.
- Teacher locks classroom door.
- Only teachers may move carts. No students should ever move the carts.
- Report laptop problems or damage to Maria Sarhadi in the computer lab at x-20050.