Sixth GradeWelcome to music!!! Sixth grade is filled with many wonderful musical opportunities! The sixth grade band, orchestra, chorus and musical are great outlets for your children to learn how to enhance their creativity, work with others, and learn more advanced music reading and performing skills! We will be working on our music reading skills by playing pitched and non-pitched percussion instruments in music class. The children will also learn about the American Musical this year! Hopefully we can take a trip to see one! Here are the Wappingers Music Outcomes for Sixth Grade Music. If you would like to see a more detailed description about what your children are learning in music, please call me or e-mail me and I will give you a detailed copy of our outcomes and indicators.
1. SINGING: BE ABLE TO SING MUSICALLY
2. RHYTHM: BE ABLE TO READ, PERFORM AND UNDERSTAND EQUAL SUBDIVISIONS OF THE BEAT
3. MELODY: BE ABLE TO HEAR, READ, WRITE AND PERFORM MELODIES
4. HARMONY: BE ABLE TO HEAR AND PLAY CHORDAL HARMONY
5. FORM: UNDERSTAND FORM
6. TONE COLOR: KNOW AND DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN DIFFERENT PERFORMING ENSEMBLES
7. INSTRUMENTS: BE ABLE TO PLAY LATIN PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS
8. CULTURE/STYLE: KNOW A VARIETY OF WORLD MUSIC
Here is the link to sign up to be a part of the 6th Grade Chorus this year!