Caring for your Student
In the Health Office, we work to ensure the health and safety of all students with as little classroom interruption as possible. We are working on educating the students regarding the reasons to visit the Health Office.
The 7 B's of when to visit the Health Office
Burning Up (Fever)
This list is just a brief overview, each student's case is dealt with on an individual basis and will be treated accordingly.
When NOT to go to the Nurse's Office
NYS Law restricts what kind of care can be given in the Health Office. For this reason, students are not to come to the Health Office for the following reasons:
- Bugbites - No creams, ointments, sprays, or lotions are allowed to be applied without doctor's orders (Benadryl, After Bite)
- Chapped lips or skin - No vaseline can be provided
Reasons a student must be sent home
- Fever of 100.0 or more
- Diarrhea (multiple episodes)
- Conjunctivitis (Pink eye) with drainage from eye
- Impetigo - if multiple lesions are present
- Unknown rash