News from Room 6!
Dates to Remember:
December 7th- Place online book orders by this time- Late orders
are not guaranteed by Christmas
December 21st- Holiday party 10:30-12:00
December 22nd- Last day
December 23rd- thru January 1- Holiday break
Readers Workshop- We are Super Readers
Writers Workshop- Personal Narrative Writing continued…
- Review numbers 0-9
- Read and write numeral 10-20
- Rote count to 20
- Count from 0-20
- Compare groups of up to 20 objects
- Order groups of up to 20 objects
- Review size comparisons using big and small
- Understand the concept of same- sized objects
- Explore the idea that only a few big objects fit into small spaces and many small objects fit into big spaces
- Identify positions of objects in space
- Use appropriate positional language to describe and compare
- Use language such as before or after to describe relative position in a sequence of events.
Science- Forces and Interactions: Pushes and Pulls
Social Studies- Myself and Others
Scholastic Book Club:
This month is a great opportunity to buy inexpensive books for the holidays. I am making the deadline earlier this month to have the books in time for the holiday break. Please order online by Thursday, December 7th. Anything ordered after that date is not guaranteed to be in by the holidays. Our online code is NLR74.
Please remember to send in any box tops you may have.
Homework will be coming home nightly. In addition please use the fluency activities I sent home. I will be adding to that periodically.
Any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a wonderful holiday season!