Welcome back and welcome our new Evans families! The year is already off to a great start as our faculty and staff worked hard this summer to prepare for the arrival of the children. I would like to also thank our Evans PTA who has been instrumental in planning several “back to school activities” for the children such as our Kindergarten Picnic, school pictures, and book fair.
In order for our students to have the most success in school possible, they need support and communication between home and school. A strong partnership between us and you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success; therefore, while the children are not with us, we ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1. Attends school daily and arrives on time (by 8:25am); ready for the day’s learning experiences
2. Completes all homework (independent work) assigned by the teachers
3. Reads and writes daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4. Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5. Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6. Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and that hard work/effort is valued
I am confident, that through a close relationship between the school and community, we can build our Evans family bond to be even stronger and work together to support the academic, social, emotional, and developmental needs of all our students. Our goal is the same; that every Evans Eagle soars far beyond his or her potential. Please feel free to stop by to say hello!
Warm Regards,Lauren HernandezPrincipalJames S. Evans Elementary School845firstname.lastname@example.orgConnect. Engage. SOAR!