Third Grade Classroom Information
Here is a quick overview of our third grade classroom, including materials, subjects, and general information:
(During Hybrid Learning only the RED highlighted materails are required)
- 1 box of tissues
- 1 black clear view 2 inch binder
- 1 box of 24 Crayola Crayons
- 1 wide-ruled black and white marble composition notebooks
- 1 pencil box (8in. x 5in. hard plastic)
- 1 hand held pencil sharpener
- 1 pair of student scissors
- 1 dry earse board
- 1 clipboard (letter size)
- 2 glue sticks
- 1 wide-ruled spiral notebook (70 pages)
- 5 pocket folders (one red, one yellow, one green, one orange and one blue)
- 1 pair of headphones in a labeled Zip-lock bag
- 1 package of sharpened pencils
- 1 package of lined Post-Its
- 1 yellow highlighter
- 1 small peanut free non-perishable snack (safety bucket)
- 1 small water bottle (safety bucket)
- 1 personal bottle of hand sanitizer
- 2 black dry erase markers
Please take all supplies out of packaging and label with your child’s name.
Please bring only the supplies listed. There will be limited space for
Thank you in advance for purchasing these supplies.
Reading: Reading instruction is every day. Reading will take place within our classroom. The third grade will be using the leveled readers, as part of our comprehensive balanced literacy program. During our reading time we will also be doing independent reading, literature and word studies, read aloud activities, and writing activities.
Math: In third grade we will continue addition, subtraction, money and fractions, but with larger numbers.We will also be working on telling time, reading graphs and charts, geometry, multiplication and division.
Social Studies: This year will have a focus on map skills, communities and regions of the world. We will begin with North America (geography, economics, history), and continue with China and Brazil.
Science: We will be focusing on questioning and scientific exploration through the use of experiments and research.
ELA: We will be exploring different types of writing(narractive, expository, persuasive), poetry, fiction and non-fiction.There is also a strong focus on grammar and spelling skills.
Snack: We have snack everyday. Please provide your child with a healthy snack daily. Please do not send candy as a snack. (*Due to various food allergies, please do not send in a "birthday snack" on your child's birthday for the entire class. Birthdays are important, but do not require food. The student will be acknowledged by the principal and classroom teacher on their special day.)