Welcome to 2nd Grade!
Dear New Second Grader,
Hi! I am excited about being your second grade teacher. In 2nd grade we will be learning more about addition, subtraction, reading chapter books, writing stories and friendly letters, and so much more. We will be very busy, but we will have lots of fun together too☺. I have made a list of supplies that you will need next year. Please write your name on everything except for your pencils and glue sticks. We will be sharing these things!
You will need:
- 3 composition books
- 6 large glue sticks
- 48 pencils, sharpened
- 3 large erasers
- 1 pair of scissors
- 3 boxes of crayons-box of 24- 2 boxes for Mrs. Pedersen
- 4 folders, each with 2 pockets and three holes
- 1 container of gallon size zip-lock bags-girls only
- 1 container of sandwich size zip-lock bags-boys only
- 1 box of tissues
- 1 pencil box (8x 5 hinged lid preferred)
- 1 smock (an old t-shirt is fine)
- 1 container of baby wipes or Wash N Dri hand wipes-girls only
- 1 container of clorox wipes- boys only
- 6 dry erase markers
- 1 letter size clipboard
- 2 highlighter-Mrs. Bomba only
- 1 hand held pencil sharpener-Mrs. Bomba and Ms. Pedersen only
- 2 black sharpie markers-Mrs. Pederson only
- 1 one inch 3 ring binder
- 5 pack of binder dividers-Mrs. Pedersen only
- 1 set of headphones (optional)
I am looking forward to meeting you in September and begin our fun-filled year together.
Your Second Grade Teacher☺
P.S. Don’t forget to log onto i-Ready this summer.