Operations and Algebra Thinking
- Write and interpret numerical expressions.
- Analyze patterns and relationships.
Number and Operations in Base Ten
- Understand the place value system.
- Perform operations with multi-digit whole numbers and with decimals to the hundredths.
Number and Operations-Fractions
- Use equivalent fractions as a strategy to add and subject.
- Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to multiply and divide fractions.
Measurement and Data
- Convert like measurements units within a given measurement system.
- Represent and interpret data
- Geometric measurement: understand concepts of volume and relate volume to multiplication and to addition.
- Graph points on the coordinate plane to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
- Classify two-dimensional figures into categories based on their properties.
Math Textbook: Math in Focus: Singapore Math by Marshall Cavendish
- Western Hemisphere.
- U.S. Geography and Government.
- Canada, South America, Mexico.
- Science 21 is a hands-on approach that doesn't require a text.
- Experiments using the Controlled Study Method.
- Microscopes and the micro world.
- Human body.
- Improvement of reading comprehension skills.
- Exposure to quality literature (fiction, non-fiction, historical fiction).
- Improvement of fluency and reading rate.
- Further vocabulary development.
- Using strategies to understand texts and monitor comprehension.
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
- Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons and information.
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
- Editing/Revising skills.
-Review parts of speech and sentence writing.