Registration Packet

Parents/guardians wishing to register their child in the Wappingers Central School District to be considered for Preschool Special Education Services should download and complete the forms below:

2022-23 Registration Forms


Once completed, please contact our Central Registration Office to schedule an appointment between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m operation Monday– Friday.   

Telephone: 298-5000 x 40132   

Central Registration Office (District Address):

Wappingers Central School District

25 Corporate Park Drive

PO Box 396

Hopewell Junction, NY 12533

Parents/guardians will be required to provide documentation and/or information regarding their child’s age, residency, and immunizations.

Proof of Age

A certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism (including a certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism), or, if neither is available, a passport (including foreign passport), will suffice to determine a child’s age.

Below are some examples of other documentary evidence (which must have been in existence for a least two years) that may be considered to establish a student’s age if a certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism (domestic or foreign), or passport (domestic or foreign), is unavailable. This list is not intended to be exhaustive, nor is it a list of required documentation.

In accordance with the NYS Education Law, the District requires documentation verifying your child’s age.  Acceptable documentation may include a birth certificate or record of baptism, including a certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism. When this information is unavailable, the District may accept a passport, including a foreign passport, to determine the child’s age.  If the previously listed documentation is not available, the District may consider the following documents or recorded evidence if in existence two (2) or more years, except an affidavit of age, to determine a child’s age:

  • Official driver’s license
  • State or other government issued identification
  • School photo identification with date of birth
  • Consulate identification card
  • Hospital or health records
  • Military dependent identification card
  • Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies
  • Court orders or other court-issued documents
  • Native American tribal document
  • Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies


Proof of Health Examination & Immunizations

In accordance with the Commissioner’s Regulations, students entering public school at any grade are required to have a satisfactory health examination conducted no more than 12 months before the first day of the school year in question. If an acceptable health certificate is not provided within 30 days, the District’s physician will conduct the examination. The District does not require a health certificate if they or their parent objects claiming a conflict with their genuine and sincere religious beliefs. This exemption request must be in writing and supporting documentation provided.

Immunization records or documentation of exemption are also required for every student entering or attending public schools in accordance with New York State Public Health Law. The Public Health Law allows for a limited period of attendance for 14 days without proof of immunization, upon a showing that the student is making a good faith effort to obtain the necessary immunizations and/or documentation verifying the immunizations. “(Note: when the child is transferring from another state or country, the 14-day period may be extended to not more than 30 days). Please refer to the next page for the schedule of immunizations required of students.


Documentation Relating to Legal Custody and Special Circumstances

If you are not the natural parent but have legal guardianship of the student(s), please provide us with any available relevant documents or complete custody affidavit.  If there are any other special circumstances such as custody agreements or orders of protection, please submit those documents to us. They will be copied and filed in the student’s records. The schools cannot refuse to release a child to a parent/legal guardian unless there are court documents on file with the District to the contrary.


Proof of Residency

All new students seeking enrollment in the Wappingers Central School District must provide proper documentation and/or information to establish residency.  

The following is documentation that may be used to establish residency (Note: This is not intended to be an exhaustive list, and the District may consider other documentation and/or information, as appropriate):

  • A copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a home, such as a deed or a mortgage statement.
  • A notarized or signed statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s), guardian(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the District.
  • Other forms of documentation include:

o   Pay Stubs

o   Federal or NYS Income Tax, W-2 or Earnings Statement

o   Utility Bill

o   Voter Registration Notification Card

o   Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification

o   Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (such as social services agency)

o   Government issued identification

o   Membership document based on residency