Resources for Prospective & Newly-Elected Board Members
Resources for Prospective Board Members
- 2022 Running for the School Board Handbook (English Version)
- 2022 Running for the School Board Handbook (Spanish Version)
- Common BOE Glossary of Terms & Common Acronyms
- NYSSBA School Board Member Experience (SBME), a website that provides information regarding everything on eligibility, deadlines and starting the campaign process to basic roles and responsibilities, training requirements, leadership skills and more.
- NYSSBA New School Board Member Handbook 2017
- Wappingers Central School District Policy Manual: http://www.boarddocs.com/ny/wcsd/Board.nsf/Public
Workshop for Prospective School Board Members sponsored by the Dutchess County School Boards Association. This FREE workshop is scheduled for Thursday, March 25, 2021, 7:00-9:00 p.m., via Zoom. Please contact Kelly Lappan at email@example.com to register. CLICK to see the flyer.
Resources for Newly Elected School Board Members
All newly elected Board members are required to participate in two six-hour training workshops: Fiscal Responsibility and Board Member Governance. NYSSBA offers two training options. The District Clerk will make arrangements for this training at your convenience.
See the following link for dates in 2021-22: State Mandated Training for New Board Members