Campaign Expenditure & Contribution Statements for Candidates
CAMPAIGN EXPENDITURE AND CONTRIBUTION STATEMENTS FOR
CANDIDATES FOR MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION
WAPPINGERS CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
MAY 18, 2021 ELECTION
In accordance with Sections 1528 and 1529 of the Education Law, as recently revised, all candidates for member of the Board of Education must file three campaign expenditure and contribution statements.
- The first statement is due on April 19, 2021;
- The second statement is due on or before the 5th day before the election (May 13, 2021);
- The third statement is due within 20 days after the election (by June 7, 2021).
- The campaign expenditure and contribution statements must be completed, signed by the Board candidate and notarized by a notary public.
- If a Board candidate expends and/or others expend on his/her behalf less than $500, and the aggregate amount of contributions to the candidate does not exceed $500, a sworn statement to that effect must be filed with the District Clerk.
- If a Board candidate expends more that $500 or receives more than $500 in contributions or loans, a sworn statement must be filed with both the District Clerk and the Commissioner of Education, c/o New York State Education Department, Educational Management Services, 89 Washington Avenue, Room 475 EBA, Albany, NY 12234.
- If the expenditures and/or contributions are more that $500, the expenditure and contribution statements must include the following information:
- Dollar amount of any contribution or transfer or the fair market value of any item which is other than money;
- The name and address of the transferor, contributor or person from whom received;
- If the transferor or contributor is a political committee, the date of receipt, the dollar amount of every expenditure, and the name and address of the person to whom it was made;
- The date of the expenditure(s) and a description of the expenditure(s).
- Any contribution or loan that exceeds $1,000 received after the close of the period covered in the last statement before the election must be reported within 24 hours after receipt. That statement must be completed, signed by the candidate and notarized.
- Contributions and/or expenditures may include payments for travel expenses, writing, printing and transmission costs of any letter, circular or other publication containing a statement of position or views of the candidate or other person upon public or other questions, including stationery, and postage, telegraph, telephone and public messenger service.