January 4, 2021
Happy New Year. I hope everyone had a happy and peaceful holiday.
On November 19 the WCSD sent information about a revision to the Hybrid learning schedule. That revision is set to go into effect on Jan. 11, 2021 and affects the start and end times of the in-person student day.
The in-person student day will shift to 8:25 am – 2:25 pm.
Parents who are dropping their student off will be able to do so beginning at 8:15 am.
The doors for afternoon pick-up will open at 2:00 pm.
Students who ride the bus will be dismissed to buses once all the buses have arrived on campus in the same manner as they do currently.
Walkers will continue to be dismissed once the buses have departed.
The WCSD Transportation department has said they will have updates to bus times posted on the WCSD website by the afternoon of Thursday January 7.
These changes do not affect the cohort model, social distancing rules, or health and safety guidelines. Student will continue to attend in person only on their cohort days.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
November 15, 2020
November is quickly passing so I wanted to remind everyone of some important dates that are upcoming.
Report Cards: Students in Cohort B went home with report cards on Friday 11/13. All report cards will be available in Parent Portal on 11/16. Students in Cohort A will take home report cards on 11/16. If you have trouble with Parent Portal there is information to assist you on our district website here: https://www.wappingersschools.org/domain/49
Parent Teacher Conferences: This year parent teacher conferences will be held via Google Meet. Conferences will take place 11/17 - 11/19. On those days students will have a half day of instruction. All students will be FULLY REMOTE on 11/17 - 11/19. There will be no in person instruction on those days. If you have not yet made an appointment for a conference with your student's teacher please feel free to call our main office and we will assist.
Morning Drop Off: Thank you everyone who is dropping their student off for doing so safely and cooperatively. A few reminders that will help keep this process moving as quickly and safely as possible.
- Drop off will begin at 9:30 am, please do not let your student out of your car before then.
- Please pull ahead to the first orange cone or as far as possible.
- If your student needs to exit your car on the drivers side please make sure they walk IN FRONT of your car.
- Please keep goodbyes to a minimum
- Please make sure to yield to school buses and vans
Thank you again for all your cooperation.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call.
November 1, 2020
This week the Junior HS students begin their hybrid instruction and as a result there are some changes to the start and end times of the elementary school day. These times were previously sent out in one of the community updates but we felt it important to simplify some of the details.
Starting tomorrow November 2, 2020 the start and end times of school will change. The Hybrid day will be 9:40 - 3:10.
Drop Off will begin at 9:30 am
Parent Pick Up will being at 2:50 pm
Buses will depart at 3:10 pm
Please make sure that you review your bus stop times in School Tool or on the district Transportation website as they will change approximately 15 minutes.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Nov. 2: Updated Hybrid Day, details above
Nov. 3: NO SCHOOL for students, Teacher Conference Day
Nov. 11: NO SCHOOL - Veteran's Day
Nov. 17 - 19: Parent Teacher Conferences - All three days will be remote instruction 1/2 days. Conferences sign ups will be shared by classroom teachers.
Nov. 25 - 27: NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Recess
If you have any questions please don't hesistate to ask.
October 25, 2020
We hope this email finds you well. There have been some recent changes made to the district calendar and Hybrid model of instruction and we wish to make sure that information is clear.
Wednesday October 28, 2020 will continue to a remote day for all students. However students will have a 1/2 Day of instruction. Instruction will end at 11:35 for a Teacher Conference. Again, Wednesday Oct. 28 will be a 1/2 day of remote instruction for ALL students.
Friday October 30, 2020 will now be a Full Day of instruction for Cohort B and remote students.
Beginning November 2, 2020 the start and end times of school will change. The Hybrid day will be 9:40 - 3:10.
- Drop Off will begin at 9:30 am
- Parent Pick Up will being at 2:50 pm
- Buses will depart at 3:10 pm
We are all looking forward to having some fun celebrating Halloween together.
Students in Cohort A will celebrate on Tuesday Oct. 27
Students in Cohort B will celebrate on Friday Oct. 30
Again, please be sure to follow the costume guidelines below:
- Please refrain from selecting costumes that demonstrate violence or gore.
- We ask that students wear costumes to school. Students will not be able to change into a costume during the course of the day. Students must also be able to participate in their regular instructional program while wearing their costume, including Physical Education.
- Please do not include costume accessories that represent a weapon of any kind.
- Students will not be permitted to wear face masks or full face paint. This includes eye masks. This limits visibility as well as recognition and is a safety hazard.
- Students will not be allowed to apply make-up during the school day. Any make-up, face paint or hair coloring will be confiscated and can be picked up by a parent/guardian at the end of the day.
- All costumes must adhere to the regular school dress code.
- All students and staff will be required to wear cloth face coverings as per the Department of Health.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
This email will also be posted on our school website.
October 4, 2020
This Thursday we welcome back our 3rd and 4th graders who are part of cohort B. We couldn't be more excited to begin having students back with us - I hope you are feeling the same. The rest of our students will begin their phase into the building based on the dates below. Of course, we continue to look forward to seeing our students who are working remotely every day.
If you have any questions about your cohort please feel free to contact our main office at 463-7322.
Grades 3 and 4 Cohort B - Oct. 8
Grades 3 and 4 Cohort A - Oct. 13
Grades 5 and 6 Cohort B - Oct. 15
Grades 5 and 6 Cohort A - Oct. 19
Reminder that Cohort A attends on Mon. and Tues.; Cohort B attends on Thurs. and Fri.
September 25, 2020
Please take a moment to read through these two important letters with information about the reopening of our school during the Hybrid phase of the 2020 - 2021 school year.
Additionally, if you have not done so already please complete the student forms found in the WCSD Student Forms section of our website.
Reminder that school is closed Sept. 28, 2020 in observance of Yom Kippur.