Blackboard Connect Parent Login
On Friday, September 1st, emails were sent to all WCSD parents with login IDs and temporary passwords.
Please note: If either parent or guardian listed on a student's Parent Portal account do not have a password in SchoolTool, they will not receive an email to create an account in Blackboard unless you contact your child's school to have this information added
Our new Blackboard Connect/ParentLink system allows you to control how the District contacts you. We encourage you to log on to the system to make sure that your personal information is correct. You may also personalize your account at that time. Enclosed are your login ID, password and detailed instructions for accessing the system.
Simply follow the steps below to log into your account through the secure Blackboard Connect/ParentLink website or by downloading the mobile app. If you have problems or questions, please email email@example.com
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
Director of Public Relations, Evaluations and Business Education
To log in on the Internet:
- Enter the following address into your web browser: https://wappingersschools.parentlink.net
- Your login ID
- Your password
To use your Apple or Android device:
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play on your device.
- Search for Wappingers Central School District and download the Wappingers Central School District app.
- Your login ID
- Your password
Steps for updating your account through your web browser:
Enter the following URL into your web browser: [../../login]https://wappingersschools.parentlink.net/main/login
- Enter the ID and temporary password provided above. The system does provide the possibility of logging into your account with your Facebook or Google account if you choose as long as the email address associated with your Facebook and Google accounts is the same as the email you used for a WCSD Parent Portal account. The first time you log in, the system will prompt you to change your password. Passwords must be a minimum of six characters. Once you type in your new password, retype it to confirm, click on save.
- Once you’ve logged into your account, you’re ready to customize your contact preferences. Locate the Account tab located on the right-hand sign of the screen (in the black bar and click to open. The first tab (Account Info) allows you to update your first and last name, gender and select the language you would prefer to receive your emails. Under “Delivery addresses” you can add, remove or update email addresses or phone numbers by selecting Add. A drop-down box appears to select if you want to add a phone number, Text/SMS, email address, and mailing address. (Please note: If your telephone and cell phone number are the same, you will need to enter the number once for the telephone to receive calls and once for SMS/Text to receive text messages.) Make sure that you click SAVE when you are done making changes
- To customize how the District communicates to you, click on the Delivery Preferences. Once opened you will see Emergency, Attendance, Balance, Survey and Other. For each type of contact you have entered (phone number, Text/SMS, email address, and mailing address) you can uncheck a box by clicking on the green icons to the right. If you place your mouse over each icon, the type of notification will appear. The contact choices in the order they appear are push notification (this would be to a mobile device), text/SMS, phone and email address). Once you select a notification type, any contact information you have added will appear. Uncheck the box for any phone number or email address you do not want to be contacted. You must have at least one contact selected for each category type you have provided.
To access the Wappingers Central School District’s mobile app, download it FREE in three easy steps. (Please note: If you update your temporary password on your computer, you will use the new password you created when logging in on your mobile device.)
- On your smartphone go to the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Search for Wappingers Central School District
- Then select our Wappingers Central School District app for free download
- Once downloaded, log in using the Parent ID and temporary password sent via email from the District (unless you have already updated your password).
- From an iPhone or Android device, go to Settings and choose Follow Schools to customize which the notifications you want to receive. You can have notifications sent to your mobile device from the specific schools you choose and the District.
Thank you for staying connected to our District. We hope you enjoy Blackboard Connect!