Greetings My Dear 6th Graders,
I miss you all very much!! I hope that you and your families are healthy, safe and well, and that you are all managing smoothly during this very unique time in our lives. Stay positive and strong!
On Friday, April 3rd, we will begin our "Continuity of Learning" via distance learning using Google Classroom. I know many of you have been keeping up with the assignments that were posted in GC (or were in your packets that you picked up) prior to our Spring Break. Many of you have turned in work through GC, while others sent me a message or simply marked each task as done. Great job!! Hopefully you all now feel comfortable utilizing technology to assist your learning, since all assignments will now be delivered electronically.
Here is how we will proceed....
1) Assigning work: I will be uploading both social studies and science assignments into GC. I promise not to overload you, so please don't feel stressed if you see many tasks in the classroom. I will provide instructions and due dates for all assignments, so don't feel like you have to complete everything at once. Some assignments will actually span several days.
*The expectation is that you devote 30 minutes of your learning time each day, to work on the social studies or science lesson assigned. Do your best, and reach out with any questions or concerns.
2) Completing work: There are a few ways that you will complete your assignments.
- a) You may be asked to make a copy of a Google Document provided, and you will type right on the page.
- b) You may be required to write notes/information in your science journal or a social studies note page.
- c) You may have to complete an online activity or assessment, and the results will be sent to me.
3) Submitting work: When you complete an assigned task, please follow the instructions for that assignment to let me/Mrs. D'Anna/Mrs. Nelson know you successfully completed it. You may be asked to.....
- a) Attach your work and submit it in GC (like you did for your MYMAP~Ancient Civilizations). DON'T click "Share it" to submit work.
- b) Mark it done in GC
- c) Send a comment to us in GC, indicating what you learned.
This is a very new experience for all of us. I am trying hard to learn new ways to use technology, in hopes to make your learning experience fun and manageable. I plan to try using Google Meets to provide a daily video conference opportunity (optional) for any student to attend. A link for joining meetings has also been posted on GC. The first meeting will be Friday, April 3, at 1pm.
Finally, per district recommendation, in an effort to keep track of your "attendance" and work completion, I will keep a daily check-in list. All students will be required to respond to a check-in task daily! Thus, please visit our SS/Science Google Classroom every day.
Stay safe and well! I hope to see you soon!
Best regards always,
Please go to your SS/Science Google Classroom.
Look at the tabs on top. Click on "Classwork" not "Stream" to see the assignments posted.
Assignments are posted under the Independent (Home) Studies section.
Be well!! See you soon!