PTA Membership Drive
The Oak Grove PTA welcomes you to the 2013-2014 school year. We are excited about the many activities and programs planned for this year. We invite you to join us! Your membership in the PTA enables us to work together as a school community to provide opportunities to enhance our children's education and growth.
Here are a few of the programs that you can help us continue to offer this year:
- Encouraging an interest in the fine arts through a Talent Show, as well as funding Drama Club
- Organizing the fourth grade Science Fair and financially supporting the fifth grade Science Fair
- Providing financial grants for innovative programs proposed by our teachers
- Bringing special speakers and programs into the school for our children to enjoy
- Planning and funding the Fifth Grade Moving-Up Ceremony
- And much, much more.
Membership in the PTA gives you the opportunity to vote at all PTA meetings as well as membership in the New York State and National PTA. Although you are under no obligation to attend monthly meetings, your input is always welcomed and appreciated.
The cost of an individual membership for the school year is $7.00. Additional family members may join for $6.00 per person. Dues envelopes are available in the main office and may be returned to your child's teacher or to the PTA mailbox in the main office. Checks should be made payable to Oak Grove PTA.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Christine Sierra, Membership Committee Chairperson, at 242-2514 . We look forward to working with you throughout the coming year.