Hello, Team 7 Green!Some updates for this time of - as my honors class has coined it - "Corona-cation." 🤣 Hope you're all feeling well and happy!
- School resumes on Fri., 4/3. Please use the schedule below as a guide:
- ELA (as it will be in each subject area) will be holding class for approximately 2 hours/week.
- Note: This does NOT necessarily indicate that class time will be face-to-face, requiring students to meet us online. Although I plan to utilize Google Meet for some "in-person" teaching and/or individual conferencing, the two hours will also incorporate time spent by students reading online info., completing assignments, etc.*
- Students will be expected to "attend" class and complete work whenever it is scheduled/assigned. Should a student miss several classes and/or assignments, the teacher(s) will be in touch with administration, who will then contact that family.
Currently, the tentative class schedule for Mrs. O'Connor's Team 7 Green ELA class is 7 Green ELA is:
1. REGENTS CLASSES MEET "LIVE" ON GOOGLE MEET, EVERY MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY, FROM 1:00-1:30 PM; HONORS CLASS WILL MEET "LIVE" ON MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS, 1:30-2:00 pm.
2. During our Google Meet sessions, my goal is to have some teaching/review/discussion time with the kids. I will also give objectives and assignments. The assignments will be posted on Classroom, as well as under "Assignments,"on my teacher page.
3. I will be available for office hours on Mon.-Fri., 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Please contact me during those times via Remind text or email. *If you need to schedule a specific time, feel free to ask...I will do my best to accommodate everyone!
- Grading is a topic which is still under discussion with the district, so I'll alert you when we teachers get concrete info. 📝
- In case you are not aware, cell phones can be used to access Google Meet and Google Classroom. 📱 And, although I'm no expert on how to do this, students can also access Classroom via xBox or PS. 🎮
- For the first couple of weeks, the academic rigor will be less than is typical. We'll be trying to acclimate to this new environment, and to allow the kids to do so, as well. 😊
Please know that my #1 priority is the health, well-being, and safety of my students. Bear with me during this time of trial and error, and of course, feel free to reach out via email or Remind text. My best wishes to you and your families!!Mrs.O'C
- As we begin to solidify plans, we'll continue to update you. Please be tolerant of what may be frequent emails and Remind texts, as this entire situation remains quite fluid, and changes may happen often. 😕