Using Nonfiction Text Structures & Features
Requirements and expectations:
- Develop a topic that has existing research and can be studied/researched online.
- Break your topic into three (3) articles which pertain to your topic.
- Assign a partner to work on each article.
- Each article must be a different text structure and must use the appropriate clue words for that structure. Do NOT repeat a text structure.
- Research your article topic using scholarly articles online or other informational text pieces that are credible and reliable. You must use at least TWO.
- Write the articles, based on the research you’ve conducted. Each article must:
- include a hook.
- be written with proper grammar and punctuation.
- include a variety of interesting facts, statistics, and quotes.
- give credit to sources.
- be factual, informative, creative, and well-developed.
- All photos that you choose must be relevant & eye catching.
- It needs to be apparent that you put forth adequate time, effort, and creativity into this project. Use the template to guide you through the process.
- There will be a graded partner evaluation at the end of the project.
Text Features Expectations:
Each article must include the following:
- _____ TWO photos (use Google Image, if you like)
- _____ ONE of the following: diagram, map, timeline or chart
- _____ captions for each graphic text feature
- _____ TWO types of print (bold, italics, color)
- _____ HIGHLIGHTED clue words for text structure
- _____ ONE sidebar (textbox) with a “fun” fact about the article topic