Q2 Book Blogging Assignment and Rubric
As you read your assigned independent reading books, your voice will be welcome, with your on-topic commentary, feedback about your novel, well-meant and appropriate criticism, observations, opinions, and expertise. Of course, you will respond to posts and responses by your classmates, too! *Remember: Comments will be moderated for civility.
Your blogging tasks:
- Create four blog posts within a 9-week period.
- Write your blog posts in the form of a journal. This is where you give your opinions, observations, criticisms, new ideas, and other thoughts about the prompt posted by Mrs. O’C. Your posts should always be thoughtful and respectful, as well as grammatically correct.
- Each response post to the prompt by Mrs. O’C should not be less than FIVE sentences. However, when you write a response to a classmate’s post, that may be as brief as you like, but should remain on-topic.
- And, perhaps, some multimedia components ( links to other reliable, credible sites), although at this time, it is not required.
- Post at least THREE responses to posts by your classmates. One or two word responses are not acceptable. (Ex.: "I agree.") There should be some thought involved.
7R Blog due dates: Each of the five posts will be due, typed on Google Classroom, on the following dates:
- Blog Post #1, Chapters 1- 4: Fri., 12/7
- Blog Post #2, Chapters 5-11: Fri., 12/21
- Blog Post #3, Chapters 12-17: Fri., 1/11
- Blog Post #4, Chapters 18 - 23: Fri., 1/25
7H Blog due dates: Each of the five posts will be due, typed on Google Classroom, on the following dates:
- Blog Post #1, Pages 1-58: Fri., 12/7
- Blog Post #2, Pages 59-136: Fri., 12/21
- Blog Post #3, Pages 137-206: Fri., 1/11
- Blog Post #4, Pages 207-281: Fri., 1/25
Q2 BLOGGING RUBRIC: The Giver and Monster
Postings provide insight, understanding, and reflective thought about the topic by remaining focused on a specific issue OR asking a new related question OR making an oppositional statement supported by personal experience or related research.
Postings provide moderate insight, understanding and reflective thought about the topic.
Postings provide minimal insight, understanding and reflective thought about the topic.
Postings show no evidence of insight, understanding or reflective thought about the topic.
Postings are creatively and fluently written to stimulate dialogue and commentary. Links to relevant, current websites or documents that enhance the information are presented.
Postings present a specific viewpoint that is substantiated by supporting examples. Links to websites or documents, but not all links, enhance the information presented.
Postings present a specific viewpoint but lack supporting examples. Links to websites or documents, but not all links enhance the information presented.
Postings present no specific viewpoint, supporting examples. If links are provided, they are of poor quality and do not add any value to the information presented.
Voice and Audience
Postings are written in a style that is appealing and appropriate for the intended audience and a consistent voice is evident throughout.
Postings are written in a style that is generally fitting for the intended audience and an attempt is made to use a consistent voice
Postings are written in a style that does not fully consider the audience, and the voice is difficult to identify
Postings do not reflect an awareness of the audience and it is difficult to identify the author’s voice.
Quality of Writing and Proofreading
Written responses are mostly free of grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors.
There are some grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors.
There are many grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors.
Written responses contain numerous grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors.
Total: ___________/16 pts.