R. C. K. Fine Arts
To: The students and parents / guardians of:
SIA Photo Media
Media II, Media III
Photo II, Photo III
Advanced Art II
Re: Course Description
Welcome! By this time you should have read the Outcomes and Performance Indicators for your particular course. Passing of this course will be ONLY after successfully completing each of its Outcomes and Performance Indicators.
You have chosen to be here. Therefore, you are required to consistently perform in this course. It is your responsibility to:
1) Arrive to class promptly (you will be held responsible for lates to class).
2) Consistently attend class. Cuts will not be tolerated. A weekly performance / participation grade will be given. Personal “vacations” (skip days, family vacations while school is in session) are not acceptable and will be addressed as per the WCSD attendance policy. If you are going to be absent fro a significant period, please contact guidance and call my office @ 298-5100, ext. 149
3) Productively participate everyday. It will positively affect your achievement.
4) Complete assignments on time; by deadline. DUE DATES ARE DUE DATES! Each project, when introduced, will receive a due date (deadline). It is expected and required the project will be completed and handed in by the end of the class period on that deadline date. Late work is subject to a penalty of 1/2 a letter grade per day. Incomplete work will receive a grade from zero to 50. If you are absent, it is advised to contact the guidance department or my office to arrange to pick up work for home.
5) Respect each other.
6) Respect class materials. If you are borrowing materials from class, you are responsible for their prompt return or replacement. It is understood use of all equipment will be used for appropriate and constructive classroom assignments. Any misuse of equipment, opening of programs not for your project, or opening of other student's files is abuse of computer privileges Any misuse or inappropriate use of equipment will result in a severe teacher or administrator consequence which may include loss of equipment privileges or removal from course.
7) Respect yourself. Come prepared to do your best every day. There is no free time blocked into this course.
8) Stay on Task. Use of cell phones in class is not necessary and is prohibited. They are a disruption of the educational process in this class. Their use will not be tolerated, and may negatively impact your participation grade. Opening the files of other students, or opening programs without permission, is a violation of classroom policy; it will result in loss of computer privileges.
These are minimum requirements. It is expected you will work beyond these minimum standards.
Additional requirements specific to course: Students are required to purchase and have with them at all times:
-A pencil and eraser (ALL CLASSES)
-A sketchbook or journal (approximately 9”x12”)
-A flash drive of at least 4 gigabytes (ALL CLASSES; Advanced sections should be 8Gb or higher)
-A notebook solely dedicated to this art course, with loose leaf paper and pockets for handouts (Designworks, FYR Photo Media only)
Additional Photo II, III, Media II, III , Advanced Art and AP please also include the following:
All classes are required to maintain a portfolio for review at the end of the school year.
ALL work must be documented. Do not “give” work away during the year!
Please contact me if there are any questions @298-5100, ext. 149 between 7:15am and 1:45pm.
Please present your required materials to me (Mr. Wood) by Monday, September 10th.
Please complete, sign, and return the lower portion of this form by THIS Monday,
September 8th, 2014.
I have read all opening day material for this course and fully understand my responsibilities.
student name student signature
signature of parent or guardian date