THIS ASSIGNMENT CAN BE USED FOR THE FOLLOWING CLASSES:
-GRADE 7 ELA AIS
-GRADE 9 ELA
-GRADE 10 ELA
-SCIENCE FICTION AND POPULAR CULTURE
-HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUES
A 2 WAY JOURNAL writing is a great way to strengthen your reading and writing skills. Here's how it works:
1. You get a spiral notebook or a composition notebook for this journal. (Mrs. Pampalone will provide the notebook upon student request) This is separate from the one you use for class.
2. You date the page.
3. You time yourself and begin writing. You can pick a topic that you would like. Please make sure it is classroom appropriate. It can be something that you have experienced, some of your favorite things, something creative, poetry, or anything else that comes to mind. WHY NOT USE ONE OF THE QUOTES ON THE OTHER PAGE AS A TOPIC? OR YOU CAN TRY TO CONNECT IT TO WHAT WE ARE WORKING ON CLASS.
4. You write down the total number of minutes you wrote for and initial at the end of the page.
5. You hand the journal in to Mrs. Pampalone.
6. Mrs. Pampalone reads your journal entry.
7. Mrs. Pampalone responds to your entry.
Remember that you MUST include: Your first and last name, the class name and period you have the class, the amount of time you spent writing.