6th Grade Team "Expectations and Guidelines"
What We Expect of You
1. We expect that you will show respect to your classmates and teachers in everything you do. Put-downs or insults of any kind will not be tolerated.
2. We expect that you will listen when someone else in class is talking. This includes when the teacher is speaking, as well as when a classmate is asking a question, sharing an idea, or responding.
3. We expect you to complete the assignments given in class on time and to the best of your ability. Consistent practice will help you be successful.
4. We expect you to be responsible with bathroom privileges. Please sign in out and make every attempt to go during non-academic times or within the first or last five minutes of class.
5. We expect you to come to class every day read to participate in discussions and activities. Active participation, including asking questions will help you learn!
6. We expect you to reach your cull potential in class. Always try your hardest and do not give up. If things become difficult, ask for help! We are always available during study hall to give extra help.
What You Can Expect From Us
1. You can expect that we will respect you, your feelings, and your abilities.
2. You can expect that we will listen when you are talking and answer your questions to the best of our ability.
3. You can expect that we will encourage you when you are frustrated or when you feel like you have failed. Realize in every failure there is something to be learned.
4. You can expect that we will push you harder when you feel like giving up. It is our goal to see that you succeed. We believe you have the ability to do so.
5. You can expect that we will be available to help you whenever we can. If you find you are having trouble, please let us know so we can give you extra help. We will work with you to overcome any difficulties you may have.
Gold Team Classroom Discipline Policy
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We are delighted that your child is on our team this year! With your encouragement, your child will participate in and enjoy many exciting and rewarding experiences during the academic year. As lifelong success depends in part on learning to make responsible choices, we have developed a classroom discipline plan that guides every student toward making good decisions about his or her behavior. Your child deserves the most positive educational climate possible for his or her growth, and we know that together we will all make a difference by participating in this process. The plan below outlines our classroom rules.
Be kind and respectful of the teachers, staff, and other students.
Follow directions the first time they are given.
Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
Be an active listener.
Be prepared and on time for class.
To encourage students to follow these classroom rules, we will recognize appropriate behavior with praise, positive notes, and/or phone calls home.
Be assured that our goal is to work with you to ensure the success of your child this year. Please read and discuss this classroom discipline plan with your child.
We are looking forward to a successful school year!
6th Grade Teachers