Distance Learning for Math
Hi 6th Graders,
I’ve missed you! I hope you are doing ok during this very unique time.
On Friday, April 3rd, we will begin our distance learning through Google Classroom. There have been assignments of review work posted during the past two weeks and I appreciate the efforts that so many of the students gave during this time. Below is the procedure and expectations for the new lessons as we move forward.
- Log in to Google Classroom each day to see what is posted.
- Daily assignments: Each day there will be an assignment posted with the expectations and due date. Some possibilities include a video lesson that I have created introducing the new topic, follow-up practice work, interactive practice such as Prodigy or I-Ready. In order to further assist students with questions, I will have “office hours” where I will be available on my computer for you. I will also have a daily Google Meet for students who have any questions or just want to chat. Throughout the day I will respond as quickly as I can to emails that are sent to me.
- Completing work: Students are required to complete homework assignments just as they would if we were in school. Work may be done on paper and you can take a picture of it to upload to Google Classroom so you don’t need to print it. Many assignments may be done directly on the document or slide and submitted through Google Classroom.
- Tentative Office Hours for math are 9am- 11am.
- Google Meet: daily time TBD
This is new for all of us. It’s important to stay balanced and do the best you can, pushing yourself without stressing. Please let me know what works well and what you are struggling with so we can make adjustments as needed.
Stay well and I hope to see you all soon,
Mrs. SheahanAny questions, feel free to email me at:Kelly.Sheahan@wcsdny.org
Class Codes for Mrs. Sheahan's Math classes
Block 1: hnwpkex
Block 2: rq5cuf7
Block 3: 2xbbxlb (lower case L)
Block 4: oriedd2
6th Grade Special Area Google Classroom Codes
(the second letter is a lower case L, not a capital I)
Mrs. Hershman will keep “office hours” where I am available by email every week day, from 1-2pm. If you have any questions, email me during that time. If this changes, or if I do a Google meet, I’ll post it in my google classroom AND on my website.
Library Office hours: Monday - Friday 10:00-11:00am via email or Google Meet
Mr. Bengel’s Google PE Classes Office Google Meet Hours: M-F 9-10
Mr. Lumia’s Google Classroom Office Hours: Mon-Fri 10:00-11:00 via email. Any updates to these times or methods of communication will be announced in my google classroom and posted to my website.Bring a snack and a water bottle (reusable...no single use plastic bottles please) daily.** If you would like to be a part of a weekly group email communication from the teachers, please send an email to:Write “6th grade parent 2019-20” in the subject line to be included. You will receive at least a weekly email from the team to update you on what is going on in the different subject areas as well as other important announcements.Just a bit of information for the 2019-20 school year...All students will have 30 minutes of recess each day prior to a 25 minute lunch period. We will end the day with about a 15 minute study hall/silent reading time. This is a great time for students to see any of the teachers for extra help if needed.Chorus: (Days 1 & 5 2:15-2:55)Band: (Days 1 9:50-10:30 & Day 4 8:30-9:10)Orchestra: (Day 3 12:50-1:30 and Day 6 1:30-2:10)***Since students miss class time for music groups/lessons, they are responsible for making up any missing work and/or seeing the teacher if there is a question or if they do not understand.Be sure to look at the "Refrigerator Copy...parent tips" page for more sixth grade information.If you have any general questions, feel free to email me.Fishkill Plains Elementary SchoolName: Kelly Sheahan
Subject: Grade 6 MathRoom: 3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org(this is the best way to get in touch with me)
School Phone Number: (845)227-1770
(Do not leave a voice mail)