Name: Mrs. Greene
Grade: First Grade
Phone: 845-298-5280 Oak Grove ElementaryDear Parents and Guardians,
Thanks in advance for all the ways you will be helping your child learn and helping me teach them! We are in this together!
Thank you for all of your patience and your ability to "roll with the punches"!
First Grade is getting ready to begin online learning on Thursday,September 10th!
Looking forward to meeting you! Mrs. Greene
Remote Learning Overview
As you have heard, we will be beginning our year together using the remote learning model. This model will work to continue students’ learning and provide them with the support they need to grow and succeed. Below you will find a brief overview of the components of this model for first grade.
Synchronous and Asynchronous Instruction:
- Synchronous where learning is face to face in real time.
- Asynchronous where learning is ANYTIME, ANYWHERE and self-paced learning.
- Blended where learning is a MIXTURE of BOTH types.
Students will receive both synchronous and asynchronous instruction. Synchronous instruction will be delivered for a minimum of 20 minutes per subject area in a whole group, 1 to 1 conferences, and/or small group format. Students will access this form of instruction via Google Meet. Times for synchronous instruction will be noted on our class schedule. In addition to synchronous (live) instruction, students will also engage in asynchronous instruction. This instruction may include pre-recorded videos and/or independent learning tasks. Students will access this form of instruction via Google Classroom.
Students will use Google Classroom to receive instruction and to
complete classwork and assignments.
How to Access Google Classroom:
- Go to - classroom.google.com
- Enter your child’s username - Firstname.Lastname@k12.wcsdny.org (Example - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter your child’s password - StudentfirstnameIDNumber (ID number is the same as their lunch number → Example - Sally1234567)
- I will have invited your child to join our classroom, so our classroom should just show up on your computer.
We will be using the platform of Google Meet for synchronous (live) instruction.
How to Access Google Meet:
- Log into your child’s google classroom.
- Click the camera icon at the top of the classwork page in the classroom.
- Or click the link on the green banner with the picture of the cake on it.
Simply click the meeting and join!
Your child cannot enter our google meet unless I am in the meet.
Attendance will be taken each morning. Students are required to attend all live meetings as scheduled.
All assignments and homework will be posted daily on Google Classroom.
Students are expected to turn in their work by the end of each day.
Communication: You may contact me by email and I will respond as soon as I am able.
Office Hours: Office hours will be held daily from 3:00 - 3:30. The purpose of this time is for students/parents to ask any questions or share any concerns regarding remote learning. You may go to the google meet and sign in.
If you have a question or concern, please email me. I will answer emails as soon as I can.The mission of the Wappingers Central School District is to empower all of our students with the competencies and confidence to challenge themselves, to pursue their passions, and to realize their potential while growing as responsible members of their community."