Wappingers CSD uses a program called "SchoolMessenger" to provide communications to parents and staff on matters such as daily attendance, weather alerts, general interest activities, and building / district related emergencies.
SchoolMessenger provides parents and staff with the ability to customize their contact information. If you are a parent / staff member in our district we kindly request that you customize your contact preferences using SchoolMessenger’s Contact Manager website.
In this tool you will be able to add multiple phone numbers, email address, and SMS (Text) messaging phone numbers to a set unique categories that will customize which types of messages get sent to any or all of your contact preferences.
In order to utilize this feature please follow the steps below to create an account through the secure Contact Manager web site provided by SchoolMessenger:
- Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the Sign Up page where you will need to enter a valid email address, a password, your name, and zip code. (Your email address will become your sign in ID after you register an account)
- Once you click sign up you will see a screen that says "The Contact Manager allows you to customize your message delivery preferences and enables you to review past messages.", along with a button that says "Click Here to Begin. Please continue by pressing this button.
- You will be presented with two Activation Methods. The first will be 'activate by phone'. The second is to use a district provided PIN. In most cases you will not have a PIN provided by the district as they expire within 30 days of creation. If you do not have a PIN please choose the phone activation method and click 'Next'.
- Now you will be asked to enter in your students district provided ID number (You can add more than one at a time on this screen), then click 'Next'.
- You will then be given an activation code as well as instructions to call an (855 Area code) number from one of the phone numbers you provided to the district in your emergency contact list. Please follow these instructions carefully. Once complete you will see that you have successfully added yourself into the system and can not customize your contact preferences inside each of your children's accounts from the 'Contacts' Tab at the top of the page.